Help control the virus
To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face – wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces
- make space – stay at least a metre away from people not in your household
If you are feeling unwell, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days.
Symptoms and what to do
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Read general information such as: